måndag 6 augusti 2012

dailymail: My baby had cancer but social workers falsely accused me of child abuse and took all three of my children

Another sad story about how the social services has crushed a loving family.

"That autumn, Louise was brought before a criminal court in Derry facing two charges of causing grievous bodily harm to the baby girl.
It was only then that anyone listened to her.
In an emotional outburst, she blurted out to the jury that she wanted to take a lie detector test to prove that she had done nothing wrong. It was the turning point. The jury believed her, and in November 2004 she was acquitted of the charges. However, her children remained in care.
Meanwhile, the story of the mother begging for a lie detector test was reported in the local Press. By chance, the consultant radiologist who had treated Louise's baby girl at the local hospital on the very first day she was brought in, read the article and was appalled.
He remembered the case and the wide divergence of medical opinion, yet had never known that Louise was under suspicion or that she was to have been prosecuted. He was convinced then that the child was suffering from a rare form of cancer of the left kidney, called neuroblastoma, which could have caused the bleeding.
Dr D - as he was called in Mr Justice Gillon's judgment this week - contacted Louise's solicitor and offered to help clear her name.
"It was a miracle," Louise told me.
"That doctor was my guardian angel. The last years have been very hard for me. I was pilloried. It felt like torture having my children taken from me."
Even though she had been acquitted, the social workers appeared to ignore the verdict."

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-517667/My-baby-cancer-social-workers-falsely-accused-child-abuse-took-children.html





Share |

Inga kommentarer: